Due to the Thanksgiving holiday (recognized on Thursday, November 25), Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
Courier/Carrier schedules for the Thanksgiving holiday are as follows:
- FedEx and UPS shipments tendered on Wednesday, Nov. 24 will be delivered Friday, Nov. 26. Because of moderate outdoor temperatures, we will have our MCL couriers’ pickup samples of all temperatures. Couriers have been instructed to pack all frozen coolers tendering to FedEx and UPS with extra ice as they will have to withstand a two-day trip.
- MCL Rochester will be operating as normal on Friday Nov.26th, however MCL Jacksonville will be closed. Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville via FedEx, UPS or ground on Wednesday Nov. 24 will ship to Rochester. Friday Nov. 26 pickups will be sent to Jacksonville.
- Aviation Solutions Group (ASG) will run as normal on Wednesday evenings from the Dakotas, Chicago, and the newly implemented east coast region..
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Thursday, Nov. 25th.
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Thursday, Nov. 25th.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery schedules will resume on Friday, Nov. 26th.