Due to the Memorial Day holiday (recognized on Monday, May 30), Mayo Clinic Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedules will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround times are not affected, plan ahead and note:
Courier/Carrier schedules for the Memorial Day holiday are as follows:
- FedEx boxes tendered on Friday, May 27th will be delivered Saturday, May 28th. MCL Rochester domestic inbound FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, May 28th are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, May 29th, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box does not arrive on this special Sunday PM delivery, it will instead arrive on Tuesday, May 31st. Due to this potential delay, MCL suggests the following:
- “Saturday FedEx tendered Frozen samples and temperature sensitive samples” be held at our Client’s facility until Tuesday’s pickup. *Note – The Sunday special run is for berry colored boxes only. All non- berry colored boxes, e.g. Critical Ambient Shippers, will deliver Tuesday, May 31st.
- “Saturday FedEx tendered Refrigerate samples” be packed with an extra frozen cool pack to extend stability.
- Saturday and Sunday Commercial Airline usage should see no changes. This will remain the same as the non-holiday weekends.
- UPS boxes tendered on Saturday, May 28th will be delivered on Tuesday, May 31st. We discourage any Saturday Domestic UPS shipments.
- Couriers who ship samples to MCL Jacksonville by FedEx on Saturday May 28th, will instead send refrigerated and ambient samples to MCL Rochester. Saturday commercial and ground routes will deliver to MCL Jacksonville as normal. Sunday commercial work will ship as normal.
- Pickups will be made as normal on Sunday, May 29th.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Monday, May 30th.
- Mayo Couriers will not make pickups on Monday, May 30th.
- Normal courier/carrier pickup and delivery schedules will resume Tuesday afternoon, May 31st.