Best Practices and Progressive Marketing for Laboratory Outreach Programs
Expires August 31, 2019
Video length: 61 minutes
Effectively marketing the tests and services of a laboratory outreach program is essential for continued growth and success of that laboratory. As large, commercial laboratories aggressively compete against outreach programs, communicating the value and importance of a locally owned and managed laboratory is more important than ever. This forum will outline the key aspects of a marketing and communications plan; introduce various media, including print and digital; discuss how to work within an existing brand and marketing plan; and provide resources and tools to get started.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Define key target audiences and the mediums by which each audience prefers to receive information.
- Identify existing and create new communications mediums to reach key audiences.
- Create a basic communications and marketing plan to promote key indicators and values of a laboratory outreach program.
The outreach forums are applicable to community hospital laboratory administrators, managers, directors, pathologists, outreach coordinators, marketing representatives, and sales managers.
Marketing Segment Manager
Mayo Medical Laboratories
The following types of credit are offered for this program:
State of California
State of Florida
To obtain credit:
- Watch the video located on the Overview tab.
- Complete the posttest and evaluation that launches immediately following the video.
- Generate and print your certificate(s).
For an instruction sheet outlining the process, see www.cme-evaluations.com/instructions.pdf.
Mayo Medical Laboratories is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program. This program has been approved for a maximum of 1.0 P.A.C.E® contact hour. Level of instruction for this program is intermediate.
Mayo Medical Laboratories is approved as a Continuing Education Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences for State of California and State of Florida credit. Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel has designated this program for General credit. The level of instruction for this program is intermediate. This program has been approved for 1.0 contact hour.